Saturday, May 9, 2009

Trekking to Triund

Even if it was a couple of days ago, I still remember how much fun we had. We did our first real trek up a mountain. You wouldn't believe what the road looked like that our taxi had to drive on. It was sooooo bumpy. We banged our arms and elbows in the car, and I kept laughing like crazy. Finally we made it to the starting place where there was a little village and a tea shop. Then we started hiking up.

We followed a little, winding path along the side of the mountain. The view was incredible! We could see for miles and miles and miles... Sometimes we walked too close to the mountain, we would bump our legs on some sort of super scratchy and spiky plant. We also passed by a lot of shepherds who were walking their goats, donkeys, and sheep. Hundreds of them. I petted some of the animals and they were very soft to pet and friendly. We got a lot of nice photos. We stopped for chai tea and Fanta at the top and rested only a little.

On the way down, after hiking for about 4 hours already, I took a tumble and landed in one of those spiky plants. I hurt my elbow and knee, but managed not to fall off the edge of the cliff. When we got to the little village again, I talked my parents into hiring a tuk tuk to take us home. A tuk tuk is a small black car with only 3 wheels, and curtains instead of doors. They're noisy and even bumpier than the taxi, but more fun.

I'm still a little scratched up from my fall, but I still had fun. I'm looking forward to my next trek.

Signing out
Adrian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment