Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Monkeys, Monkeys and More Monkeys!

We have been staying in Kathmandu for three days so far and we have done tonnes of different things from riding bike down a busy road in rush hour to waching a strike to shopping for thankas. But nothing compares to what we did at The Monkey Temple.


My mom told me that there where alot of monkeys but I didn't think there were so many!!! And these are not just casual eating and sleeping ones, these were Stocky Ressus Monkeys. They can steal bags from you, bite your fingers, invade your house and if you look at them too long they jump at you. But they are also really cute.


As we entered, we saw about ten monkeys eating the garbage and attaking stray dogs and there were another dozen in the trees above. But The Monkey Temple is not just about the monkeys, you have to walk up 216 steep steps to get to all of the shrines and to the shops. But all I cared about was the monkeys.


As the day went on, we saw more monkeys but now we were getting a little hungry. As we were sitting and eating, we saw a man from the restorant go over to a crowd of monkeys and start feeding them. We decided to follow him and watch. But these monkeys were not the scarry type, these ones were the moms with babies and they were really, really cute! I got alot of good pictures but then it was time to go. I really didn't want to go but after a long day of walking, I needed to sleep. I will never forget their cute little faces!


Signing out

Adrian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment