Sunday, June 7, 2009

Yikes!!!

We have now left Chitwan and are in the last two weeks of our trip.
A long seven hour bus took us to the mountains of Pokhara where it is a lot less humid.


We all woke up at 7:00am and were on the path by 9:00. We were going to trek to the World Peace Pagoda on Phewal Mountain. We took the ''scenic path'' but you could not see very much. The only difference was that it was 2 hours long when the other path was just 20 minutes.

But half way up the mountain, when we stopped for water, I looked down at my shoe and saw a leech trying to wiggle under the tongue of my shoe! I told my parents what I saw and I quickly threw it away. They told me to take off my shoe to look for more and there were 2 more on my socks and threw them away as well.

We went back to our trekking, and now that I knew they were there, I saw they were everywhere. If you stopped walking they would climb on to you and it was really gross. So I ran the rest of the trail. Lots more got on my shoes, but I flicked them off.

I was happy to heare the path down was short and had no leeches.

Signing out
Adrian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment